Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z axis also moves from home position if I only want to move X or Y

Dear Members,

I have a homemade cartesian 3D printer and I noticed something that I cannot figure out how to stop. If I have every axis in home position and I want to move the X or Y axis in Simplify3D the Y axis also moves with the same distance at the same time. It would be okay I guess but the weird thing about it that the Z axis' position readout doesn't change. For example: I set 10 [mm] movement for the X axis and the Z axis moves 10 [mm] as well but without decreasing the position in Simplify3D and I'm afraid that the noozle will hit the heated bed because of this. Could someone please help me how to solve this problem?

Thanking you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,
    Viktor

One issue with a 3d printer is that the z axis remains untied, so the control circuitry doesn't hold the position, and gravity can suck the axis down. I know in the good old days when I was new to 3d printing there was a command for engaging the z axis motor which stops it slipping, but unfortunately I can't remember what that was.

Might be worth asking on the Simplify3d forum (maybe a search on that forum would find it). Those helpful folk are usually quick to respond.

Comment

For the solution and keep your printing in proper configure you can visit Epson Printer Repair that can provide a free solution to all of them. I am also using my Epson printer from last 2yrs and I am unable to print a 3D printing in right then I get proper to configure to resolve all the bugs during the printing.

Comment

Working...
      X