Salvaging a print?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salvaging a print?

Last night I left my printer running and I fell asleep only to wake up and find out that my computer died from me forgetting to plug it in before I walked away from it. this morning whenever I plugged it back in my printer was still turned on and my computer turned back on and opened the repetier host app and was in the same spot that it left off whenever it died, however whenever I hit start print it wanted to start a whole new one instead of starting where It left off at. I was able to go through the command log and see the last command that the computer gave the printer before it died, is there any way possible that I can use that command to restart the print at the same place that it stopped at instead of having to restart this print? I have researched this before and have came up with only this.

3dhubs.com/talk/t/how-to-rescue-a-print-that-stopped-mid-way/2392

However, I don't have a Precision measuring tool like this requires so whenever I tried it, it failed and my print nozzle scraped the print as it was trying to continue the print so I stopped it in order to not create any damage to my printer. I took a picture of the last thing the computer told the printer to do before it died, any advice would help I would hate to waste 3 hours worth of print because I forgot to plug in my computer... thanks in advance
    Last edited by nayy; 09-06-2018, 01:57 PM.

I would be more worried about the adhesion of the two sessions. Since it normally is laying the layers on each other hot, they adhere better. If you do a cold restart, it may split when you apply any pressure to it (just like taking it off the build plate). The only way to maybe salvage it is to heat the previous print up before starting, but you will have a hard time hitting the sweet spot between warm and melted.

You might just want to chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Comment

Thats why i stoped using the computer and tranfered the g code to my flash card.

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
      Working...
      X