• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extruder breaking pieces off of print

Click image for larger version

Name:	print settings.png
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	114544 I'm having a couple of problems I can't find fixes for.
    First problem: What is it that is causing bad extrusion as in the black print?? Please notice how the back piece is broken off when compared to the front of the print.

Click image for larger version  Name:	black.png Views:	1 Size:	647.7 KB ID:	114538

Second problem: Why is the extruder hitting portions of the print causing parts to break off and why am I getting these stringy strings as in the yellow print??

Click image for larger version  Name:	yellow.png Views:	1 Size:	771.8 KB ID:	114539

Pleas help and thank you in advance...
    Last edited by nmonllor; 03-11-2018, 05:02 PM. Reason: Edit: Uploaded Settings, Hope this might help...

Is there settings for print material ? that list you shown can you do the same but with custom options. For starters increase layer height to 0.2 or 0.3 mm

Comment

Okay, I set my layer height to.25 and here are the only material settings I know of...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Material Settings.png
Views:	2
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	114570Click image for larger version

Name:	Material Settings.png
Views:	2
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	114571

I also made sure that the bed was leveled and I am now trying to print another marblevator track bowl. If there's any other material settings adjustment you would recommend, I'd appreciate the help.

Thank you

Comment

What you should do is get the manual on Cura settings from their web site. I have the Cura program on computer but never used as I use Slic3r and have a description of all its settings but you need same for Cura . Things you should look at is retraction distance and try increasing it a bit maybe 1 mm. Some place on this forum I posted two sites that deal with different print problems and solutions. Make sure the right nozzle diameter has been set probably under materials.

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
        Working...
        X