Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullet tray problem - Ive printed a solid block of plastic???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullet tray problem - Ive printed a solid block of plastic???

Right, first of one of my many stupid questions Ill be asking. Not sure if this is in the right section but........
    I tried to print a bullet loading tray for a friend I found on thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:59478
    It all loaded into cura fine and looked exactly what I wanted. 6 Hours later I had a solid brick of plastic with no holes in. It had just filled it all in? I loaded the file from the SD card back into cura and it appears solid? Am I missing something??????

Part of the problem with files you get off the net you never know what you are totally getting. The best way to get what you want is design what you want! Some files have errors and not manifolds you can get mending programs like Meshlab to fix things. But in your case making holes where there is none a little more difficult. When I design a part if it has errors I start over and find them. An stl file needs to be one complete body it can have holes and shapes but they have to be complete. You are missing the CAD program !

Comment

Hey I had a look at the files and it loaded into my slicer just fine. But this is a very simple model that you could design yourself if this one is giving you trouble. I use fusion 360 its free. Maybe try a small test print just to make sure there's nothing wrong with your slicer settings.

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
      Working...
      X