Upgrading induction sensor on Hictop i3 Aluminium

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading induction sensor on Hictop i3 Aluminium

Hey everyone, I've been wanting to upgrade the z sensor on my printer as I want to use glass and the sensing distance of the stock sensor is not good enough.

So I bought the LJ18A3-8-Z/BX, I need some advice from someone who has fitted one of these, doing some google searches shows various conflicting answers on how to wire this up.

Just hook it up directly to the end stop, use a voltage divider etc. Since hooking it up directly to the end stop was the easiest I did that first and it kind of works but it is inconsistent, it will find the heatbed but then I have to back it way up for it to stop triggering.

If anyone has used one of these I would appreciate your input !

Thanks
    Last edited by Admin; 02-09-2018, 10:12 PM.

So apparently there are differences in the LJ18A3-8-Z/BX sensors some work fine directly connected to the end stop on the board... Hmm I will continue to investigate maybe I can figure this out myself. But if anyone wants to offer some advice that be great!

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
    Working...
    X