Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help: Problem with z axis in Tronxy x1

Hi,
    My name is Pedro and I'm new to 3d printing. I bought a Tronxy x1 that just arrived and manage to build it correctly (I believe :P)
    The problem is that I'm having an issue with my z axis. When I choose the option "Home all" the X and Y axis position correctly, but the z axis keeps trying to go down for 3-4 seconds until it stops. When I try to force the z axis to go up, it just keeps going down all the time.
    The wierdest thing is that when I put the z axis manually very high, and push the z switch it seems to detect it.
    I believe that the problem is that the motor cannot lift the z axis beyond a point. Could you please tell me if you agree, or if you know a possible solution?
    Thanks in advance,
    Pedro.

Edit: I've been doing some tests and I tried to push the piece that goes up and down the z axis. It seems to help the movement, so I assume that the motor is lacking strength. I'm going to try to change it for the Y motor, to see if it helps.
    Last edited by Leathor; 01-09-2018, 09:48 AM. Reason: Test result

You said when you hit the switch yourself it detects it, when it homes is it depressing the switch enough?

And if it's trying to go down but us hitting something it might be trying to break itself. How many times has it been trying to move but couldn't because it physically couldn't?

Comment

Hi,

First of all thanks for the help . I'll try to answer you in order.

"when it homes is it depressing the switch enough?" - Yes, It does until it cannot go further because it phisically hits the hard part of the switch.

"And if it's trying to go down but us hitting something it might be trying to break itself" - I believe it cannot go further down. The problem is that when the motor tries to rise the z axis, it makes a weird noise a few times and stops.
      "How many times has it been trying to move but couldn't because it physically couldn't?" - I'll try to describe them a little bit more detailed:
      * When the bed goes to the lowest point and tries to go up.
      * When I start a new print, when it finishes each layer. The result of that is a first layer with a lot of melted PLA because the extruder keeps moving in the z=0 plane.
      * When I try to move the z axis from the console, whether it's up or down, it just jamms.

Thanks again for your help,
      Pedro.

Comment

Register or Login

Collapse
      Working...
      X