Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where have i gone wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Where have i gone wrong?

    Thought I`d make the VW van as on Chaos Core Tech video as a starter piece. Take a look at the pic and see if it`s obvious where I went wrong, supposed to be the roof but as you can see it ain`t nothing like the original.

    #2
    Originally posted by Dennis
    Thought I`d make the VW van as on Chaos Core Tech video as a starter piece. Take a look at the pic and see if it`s obvious where I went wrong, supposed to be the roof but as you can see it ain`t nothing like the original.
    Hello Dennis, can you tell about what printer, material and settings you used for that print?
    Would be interesting to know and also helpful for anyone else to help and propose what to change.

    Comment


      #3
      Howdy Dennis,

      I share this link when ever someone asks about print quality issues cause it is usually a very helpful guide.

      https://www.simplify3d.com/support/p...oubleshooting/

      Look into the section on holes and gaps in top layer. You may be having issues with not enough top layers, underextrusion, or the infill percentage is too low.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Angel3D View Post
        Hello Dennis, can you tell about what printer, material and settings you used for that print?
        Would be interesting to know and also helpful for anyone else to help and propose what to change.
        Bear in mind I`m totally new to 3d printing and you could say I don`t have a clue I just left the settings as were, I`m using a Balco 3D Touch, pla as supplied with the printer, I think the infill was 10%, sorry to be so vague, I`ll note the settings from now on.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by ARKtest View Post
          Howdy Dennis,

          I share this link when ever someone asks about print quality issues cause it is usually a very helpful guide.

          https://www.simplify3d.com/support/p...oubleshooting/

          Look into the section on holes and gaps in top layer. You may be having issues with not enough top layers, underextrusion, or the infill percentage is too low.
          Good one, appreciate that.................................

          Comment


            #6
            I hope that helps, be sure to keep us updated on any improvements or issues. What you learn may help someone else out with the same issue.

            Don't worry about being new, we're always happy to help. At some point you may even be able to see an issue and say, "hey, I know what the problem is! I can help!" Everyone starts somewhere.

            Comment


              #7
              Itís probably the heat settings of your 3D printer that are worsening the conditions. Check this and ensure the right amount of heat. Also, check the quality of 3D printing material that you use for the preparation.

              Comment


                #8
                I have taken onboard all the tips and suggestions and applied them. I printed the red wheel again and it came out perfect. That was 1 of 4 needed so I went ahead and printed no.2, 75% of the way and the layers had moved. I tried the roof section again and the same thing happened. All these were after re-slicing at 85% of the original size because they were too large for my bed.

                The first thing I printed was one that arrived with the printer, a Unicorn`s head, came out ok, so I thought i`ll try that again and sure enough it printed ok.

                My thoughts are my problem isn`t with the printer but with the software and the gcode ?

                I`m using the latest release of Cura, and i`ve got the printer showing as Balco 3D Printer Touch but the graphic for the bed shows Ultimaker 3.

                Could this be where my problem lays?

                Ignore what looks like cig burns, I let the extruder touch the surface, twice!!
                Last edited by Dennis; 12-31-2017, 01:00 PM.

                Comment

                Sign Up

                Collapse

                To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
                Working...
                X