Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hictop i3 24v - SD card slot on lcd doesn't work.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hictop i3 24v - SD card slot on lcd doesn't work.

Hi everyone, I bought my second printer a few days ago, (Hictop i3 24v) all assembled and working surprisingly well for such a cheap kit.

I am curious about the sd card slot on the lcd looks like a typical reprap lcd. When I was looking up these Hictop printers it was my understanding there was no sd on the lcd and you had to use the sd on the mainboard which I have been using without problem.
    I'm just curious if anyone knows if I can get the lcd sd slot functional, just for the sake of convenience as it would be easier than reaching around the back of the machine every time.

Either way I'm happy with the machine so far managed to get it for 147 which I thought was a pretty good deal, its giving me good results so far, obviously for a cheap kit it has it's issues that you typically run across, the belt clamps are pretty bad with no way to properly tension them, cheap bearings etc. I was surprised to find a filament sensor, only a micro switch but its something I hadn't expected, not implemented that well definitely an after thought but this printer has some potential.

Register or Login

Collapse
Working...
X