base pulled off the bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

base pulled off the bed

I got a Monoprice Maker Select V2 recently and enjoyed to print the sample designs came with the MicroSD card, except that the swan's beak came off. I tried other designs downloaded from thingiverse, only succeeded on some simple design. The biggest problem is the base adhesion. I used blue tape and cleaned it with rubbing alcohol. It stayed the first few layers, then started to pull off on edges, then more, and eventually the printed part didn't stay at all and ruined the print.

please give me some advise. Thanks.

Move the bed closer to the nozzle, you need to be able to get a piece of normal paper to just drag between the nozzle and the bed, try to get the first layer to squish slightly

Comment

hiya,

try this. I use it very successfully. there is hairspray but I don't rate that much.

Becky
      PrintaFix - is the best solution for 3D printing. PrintaFix is an easy to use solution to eliminate first layer and adhesion problems. No more warping!

Comment

I find that printing PLA onto a 3mm glass sheet with a coat of PVA glue works very well.

Comment

Blue tape was very hit or miss for me, a thin layer of PVA worked alot better. But now I have bought some cheap buildtak like sheets to stick on to my glass. Works great

Comment

I've tried Blue tape, Capton tape and ABS slurry but the best I've tried is the buildtak sheets, as good as the ABS slurry but without all the mess, with the buildtak the problem can be getting the print off the bed! I use a method I found on Youtube, a few drops of IPA in a small amount of water, drip some around the edge f the print and wait 5 min's

Comment

Just had a look and is this your printer http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Monoprice-...-/371470101381 "Heated build plate allows for high-reliability printing of slow cooling materials, such as ABS" If so pull the tape off and put the bed temp on 50-65c. the tape could be blocking the heat.

Comment

Working...
              X