how long can i keep my printer on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how long can i keep my printer on?

so i just bought and put together the original prusa i3 mk2 and am getting great prints but now im printing something that will take a couple off hours. but i cant stay the whole time (school and activities).
    so my question is: how long can i keep the printer on when its done printing?

I've left mine on for hours. As long as the nozzle and bed aren't being heated, the energy consumed is minimal.

Comment

Our company printer hasn't been turned off for a year or so. Best reason to turn off would be to get rid of the fan noise

Comment

Hi, I agree with that

Comment

The print duration isn't generally a problem & it is not impossible for machines to run for a few days to produce a large or detailed part... mine often do... and they always have people near them day & night.
          However,
          I would NOT recommend leaving the machine unattended.... just in case the print becomes detached from the print-bed, & ends up attached to the print head & flung about, potential risking damage to your machine & the potential fire risk.

Comment

Register or Login

Collapse
          Working...
          X