Extruder motor clickes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extruder motor clickes.

When i print on my i3 pro c clone. The extruder keeps trying to feed the fillament but it gets forced back and makes the extruder slip and click allot.

I have turned the feed to 65% and this slows the clicking and doesn't hurt the print but how low should i go or is there a better way?

What is the speed that you sre extruding? Also, have you calibrated your extruder?

Comment

I dont know the speed i have not seen a setting like that. I also did not know that you could calabrate it. Nothing in the instructions i have ever seen.

Comment

if the extruder motor is clicking or jumping on the filament, then it is likely the nozzle is not hot enough to dispense the material at the speed the program wants to push it out.
        increase the nozzle temp 10'C at a time until it ceases.

The other cause could be a partially blocked nozzle, which will often deliver half reasonable prints even so.

Temp Range for: (generally)
        ABS nozzle prints is approx 220 > 245'C
        PLA temp range at nozzle 210 >230-MAX

Any higher temperatures will often boil the material or burn it in the nozzle.

I swap the nozzles on my machines for clean ones every 12 hrs of printing, as they perform so much better with a fresh one.
        The nozzles collect house dust, clothing fibres that float in the air etc... a roll of filament left open over night always collects dust, which ends up in the nozzles one way or another..

Comment

Working...
        X