Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie question. Printer won't print file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie question. Printer won't print file.

Hi folks.

So I bought a a8 desktop 3d printer prusa i3 and assembled it (which REALLY took some doing). Now I have a problem.

I have downloaded a file and converted it to g code via Cura software, the printer has recognized it as G code but isn't printing it. It says "printing... 0%" for around 50 mins then goes to "printing ready".

Please help.

Thanks.

Bazz.

mmm, that's an odd one... Obvious things to check, does your gcode file contain the correct gcode (if you want, pm it to me and I'll have a read, I'm good enough with gcode to work it out) I've seen slicers produce blank gcode before today. Although I've not seen any "blank" code used in a printer to know what it would do
    I'm guessing the motors dont move? and no filament is extruded? Have you checked your wiring?

The only other thing I can think of, Is your printer somewhere that you can connect it to a PC and print? Try printing it direct from the PC, if that works, it sounds like the SD or connector is dud or not connected correctly. If that doesnt work, I'm not sure

Comment

Never thought of printing via pc, got the wires for it hahaha.

In my defense I have had a stressful week at work.

Comment

Ok so it is not recognising the fact that I have plugged the printer into the PC and I am still having the same problem with the Gcode.

Comment

UPDATE!! Ok so I can print of the sample file that I got with the printer without a problem. So I think it's the file that the printer is having trouble recognising. Also I have tried 3 different files from 3 different websites which would indicate that I may be doing something wrong.

Comment

Sounds like you might have a slicer thats not playing ball, and issueing bad G-code, or G-Code that isnt recognised by the printer

Comment

You could try using a different slicer and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
              X