Hi from the uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from the uk

Hi everyone my names Danny, from the UK, Leicester to be exact lol.
    I bought my printer a few months ago and love it . I was originally going to buy a ultimaker2 but decided against it as it was a pretty big investment in to a machine/ hobby that I may not get on with.
    My main hobby is rc cars , 1/8 and 1/5 scale and the prospect of making custom parts is what lead me to 3d printing. After a few recommendations from my rc forum I decided to buy one of these.....
    http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32357171936.html
    had a few problems with but for the price I think it's a good entry point printer. The only bad side
    Is when it's printing I don't seem to get anything done as I find it hypnotic to watch lol.
    I've visited this forum a few times now so thought it was high time I joined. Looking forward to soaking up the knowledge and helping others, if I can, along the way

Hi Danny,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations with your printing. Yes we are big fans of RC everything. I have experienced a few "basher" type RC cars before which have been good fun. I also intend to build the OpenRC 3d printable F1 car soon. Any pics of your cars?

Yes we also find 3D printing hypnotic! I could watch a 3D printer for hours.

If you need any filament for your printing then please check out our online store here www.3dexfilament.co.uk We are based in the UK and offer high quality filament. It's really great to print with and Im sure you'll love it. Just get in contact if you need any more information. Email us at support@3dexfilament.com

Happy printing,

Cheers,
    www.3dexfilament.co.uk - sale now on

Comment

Sure, here's some pics of my km baja and maverick blackout.

Yeah I've got the f1 car on my thingiverse liked list aswell as the 1/10 truggy so will hopefully get round to printing them soon.
      My printers currently out of action but once it's up and running I'll be sure checking out your site for some abs

Comment

Looking awesome! Those certainly look a lot of fun. As i said Ive only try a few short course / basher trucks from Hobbyking.

Yes, please do check out our website when you're in need of some more filament. You'll love the quality!

Cheers,
        www.3dexfilament.co.uk

Comment

Hi Hyper-d your models look great. I'm into rc boats and have printed lots of bits for myself and others.
          The possibilities are endless. I know what you mean about the amount of time you spend watching your printer, I spend hours at it

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Hyper-d. Awesome RC cars! Let us know if you run into any printing issues.

Comment

Working...
            X