No announcement yet.

Heya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back and good progress. I'm sure you can't wait to start printing on it.

Comment

Thanks. I'm getting itchy fingers now, especially as I can see the end is in sight

Comment

Another quick update

Main circuit boards mounted and all motors connectedClick image for larger version

Name:	20160204_190042[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	21601

Power switch and external trim mounted Click image for larger version

Name:	20160204_190055[1].jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	21602

Usb and power socket mounted at rear Click image for larger version

Name:	20160204_190108[1].jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	21603

Comment

More goodies for printer assembly
          Click image for larger version

Name:	20160215_152522[1].jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	21630

! thing I forgot to mention on my previous post is the addition of tutorials on new software called Blender
          Last edited by TheLurchman; 02-15-2016, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Looking good! Blender is a great software to learn. It is very flexible and will allow you to create things for 3D printing as well as for digital rendering. I use it all the time to render nice examples of what my models will look like.

Comment

Sounds interesting.I'm still continuing through the sketch up tutorials at the moment. I was expecting it to be a little basic but have found out how complex it can be and am looking forward to being able to print my own designs

Comment

Sketchup is a really good tool with lots of features. It's the tool of choice for many people. With so many options, you really just need to find the one that works for you and go with it!

Comment

Hey just a quick update or 2.

Both control boards installed and connected Click image for larger version

Name:	20160310_140006[1].jpg
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	21691

Power supply installed (Oh how fun that was trying to fit)Click image for larger version

Name:	20160310_140023[1].jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	21692

Starting to look like a printer at last

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160310_145550[1].jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	21693 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160310_145601[1].jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	21694

Comment

Looks like you're almost done! When do you expect to start calibration and test prints?

Comment

Will still be a while yet. I've had 63 issues out of 90. Have to build the extruder up and have the hood assembly to do unfortunately but guess that's the down side to doing something like this. Have spent time really looking at different filament options and suppliers aswell as learning the software and designing my own basic custom pc mods.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurchman View Post
                        Will still be a while yet. I've had 63 issues out of 90. Have to build the extruder up and have the hood assembly to do unfortunately but guess that's the down side to doing something like this. Have spent time really looking at different filament options and suppliers aswell as learning the software and designing my own basic custom pc mods.
                        What filaments can yo use? does it have a heated bed?

Comment

Originally posted by iDig3DPrinting View Post
                          What filaments can yo use? does it have a heated bed?

Yes the bed is heated. ABS or PLA can be used 1.75mm off the top of my head

Comment

Hey guy's n girl's sorry I've not been around much since my last post, this is mainly due to not having much time due to family and lots of pc building but.........

It's finally finished and built so I can start playing

Comment

Hi all. Not been on here for a while due to lots of things going on. I gave up on the 3d Create and Print weekly magazine I collected (yes I got all the parts) I built the V3 printer and it all looked nice and I was excited to use it but,,,,,,,,,, after going through the set up, bed levelling, learning the slicer ect it got through half a print and then packed up. The issues were, the commands backing up in the buffer (14 in total), motors wouldn't respond, unable to clear buffer and various other issues. I contacted supplier told them the issues, had no response tried through twitter and constant mailing and someone eventually responded with 1 of the driver boards was incorrect and the hot end assembly needed replacing.

Anyway, never heard back from them as parts were out of stock. Moved house, no internet or phone for a month, got back in touch with them to chase them up, had new driver board shipped to the new address but hotend still out of stock after 2 years, so.........

I brought a Creality Ender 3 as I was bored lol

Comment

Working...
                              X