Hello a real newby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello a real newby

Hi, all, I have been following 3D printing for awhile, and now have cash and are looking for a printer, so joined this forum to see if anyone has purchased a project wasp EVO as this looks nice from a many different head combination perspective.

Based in west London, and have visited iMakr shop a few times, but they have some nice machines just not sure they are for me. I will use them longer term as they have great selection of materials.

Welcome to the forum. Personally, I own a dremel idea builder (flashforge creator pro clone) and at work we have a dremel and a 2014 series 1 from type A machines; all are getting a workout

What types of material are you looking to print with? If you are wanting to use any of the exotic filaments, a heated bed is a must.

Comment

Hi, seen the dermel online. I am looking for a printer that has a wide range extruder but the project wasp EVO, also can have a dremel unit fitted to do engraving, thus getting two tools in one

Comment

unfortunately the idea builder is only a 3d printer, and there is not an attachment to fit the dremel hand tool into the printer. There is a project on kickstarter that is combining a laser engraver, cnc, and 3d printer all in 1.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search

Comment

Welcome to the forums! Someone else posted about the wasp EVO, it seems to be gaining attention.

@chris Wow that's cool! Lots for the money. Although I still don't have that kind of money to spend.

Comment

ARK, its definitely a makers box but I'd be worried about metal shavings in my gears (hate it when that happens!)

Comment

Working...
            X