Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi! @@ Not extruding enough..not clogged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! @@ Not extruding enough..not clogged!

Hi james here. I am newto 3d printing but researched it alot. I have a tronxy x5sa pro 330x330x400. I got everthing assembled and leveled. It even extrudes filament manually. I went to print and it moves and works but it seems the filament is not there. Like it melts the plastic barely and doesnt extrude nearly enough. Its set for a .4 nozzle i guess. I dont know what to do. The temp are with 200 e 50 hb

Hi, I had a similar problem with my Anet A8 and it turned out to be the wheel on the axle that drives the filament through the heated head was loose. I think it was a simple grub screw that needed tightening. Cheers Col

Comment

Any idea on how to do that on this particular model?

Comment

Sorry, I am not familiar with a tronxy x5sa pro but if it were me I would be taking apart the heated head to see if the wheel is loose and I would bet there is something to tighten it with if so. Make sure it is turned off and not hot. I doubt that you could do any harm by having a look except that you might find nothing wrong in which case you will at least know how to pull it apart if you need to in the future. Believe me, if it is anything like my machine you will, Good luck I hope you fix the problem. Regards Col

Comment

In the menu choose Temperature - nozzle and Heat up to 200 degrees. After that take Motion - Move Axis and extruder. Set to move 10 mm. Look if this is working. If it still doesn't work it can be a mechanical problem or a problem with the stepper driver itself or the Wiring. You can switch the stepper wire cable with another axis and check if this moves. That way you can find out if the problem is from the board the Wiring or something mechanical.
          The explanation is for Marlin and it may be different but most printers brands use a modified Marlin version.

Comment

Hi,

I still do not have a 3D printer but there is somthing wrong mechanically. As far as I can see the feeder tube is missing.

I guess it is a Bowden extruder or do you have a stepper motor on the extruder unit ?

There must have been somewhere a tube which is connected to the feeder motor and the Printhead or the guide place to the Printhead.

regards Rainer

Click image for larger version  Name:	extruder.png Views:	0 Size:	29.8 KB ID:	127991

Comment

Hi,

I just took a look at the instruction manuel and you seem to ahve a Bowden extruder which means there must be a feed tube between the e-motor and the printhead.

Look at Step 13 of the instruction manual

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OG9...Tt4Qn6RVh/view

Just guessing

Rainer

Comment

I found that it was in fact a bowden tube mistaken for waste filament. now it prints good layers until it shifts a layer on the z axis to an akward shiftand messes up print. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by jameson9291 View Post
                  I found that it was in fact a bowden tube mistaken for waste filament. now it prints good layers until it shifts a layer on the z axis to an akward shiftand messes up print. :-/
                  Did the part separate from the hot bed ?

Comment

Yes z offset is accurate as i could get it

Comment

Looking at your image your piece did not adhere good on the hot bed and so the extruder nozzle was able to move it.

Look at the position between skirt and piece layer ...

Maybe a bit more temperature on the bed ? I am just guessing. I ahve no 3D printer yet but have read a lot and seen a lot of videos. My oprinter arrives hopefully on Sunday 12.

Make a search for that type of problem in internet ... There is a huge amount of info ...

https://all3dp.com/1/common-3d-print...rinter-issues/

Comment

I still do not have a 3D printer but there is somthing wrong mechanically. As far as I can see the feeder tube is missing. mobdro

Comment

Originally posted by vishwaskar6 View Post
                          I still do not have a 3D printer but there is somthing wrong mechanically. As far as I can see the feeder tube is missing.
                          Hi,

You could have a bit more of imagination instead of just copying my text even with my orthographic error and BTW the OP did notice his mistake and solved it ...

Next time be more original ...

Comment

Working...
                          X