Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lows and highs of a beginner in 3D printing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lows and highs of a beginner in 3D printing.

Last week I purchased my first 3D printer from Amazon, an Anycubic Mega Zero 2.0, it was quick and easy to build and powered up and we were good to go. However my first problem was that it would not 'Home' on the Z axis after a lot of hair pulling I noticed that one of the wires to the Z limit switch was damaged, after that was corrected all seemed well and I proceeded to do a test print, which came out OK, not perfect but OK, after that things went downhill and the extruder would not feed the filament though, if I manually fed the filament it worked but not by itself. Disillusioned I decided to pack it up and return to Amazon, they picked it up the next day and returned my money. I am very happy with the service from Amazon.
    I decided that maybe I just got a bad printer, and put in an order for another Anycubic Mega Zero 2.0. It arrived yesterday and was built in around 10 minutes, another few minutes levelling the bed and checking over the machine to see everything was how it should be and we were good to go (fingers crossed). First print out was excellent and 4 subsequent prints were also excellent, those prints used up all the sample filament that came with the machine, so I opened a new 1kg spool of filament, fed it through, re-levelled the bed, and there was no adhesion of the filament to the bed. I did a bit of tinkering with the temperature, I had been printing at 190 degrees, the new filament seems to work best at 205 degrees. All working well now, and a very happy chappy here. Obviously I will have other changes to make in the future but I suppose that is only to be expected.
    Looking forward to learning from and contributing to the forum.
Working...
X