New to 3D printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to 3D printing

Just about to my buy my first printer and I'm very interested in printing in Nylon. I was looking to buy a anycubic Mega X as my first printer. Would anyone be able to assist me in figuring out if I can upgrade some components to print out Nylon.

The reason I'm going with the anycubic is the 300mm build bed.

Hi,
    I am also new to 3d Printing!

Comment

Also new. Just bought a CR10 mini. Leveling the bed is quite a project. Printer is not laying any filamint on bed.

Comment

Upgrading to print nylon is absolutely something you can do. For nylon, you have to be able to heat the extruder high enough (unless you only use filament like taulman nylon230 that prints at 230c). I would suggest an all metal hot end like an e3dv6/Micro swiss (I mod all my printers to use e3d hot ends). This would most likely require a different mount that may have already been created by the community (search thingiverse.com/yeggi.com). If not then you would have to modify a mount for another printer to work or design one from scratch (tinkercad.com is a free cad program you could use for either option) or print it and modify it after its printed (filing, shaving, grinding, drilling, ect). Having a good bed surface for nylon is needed as the first layer can be an issue. I use geckotek ez-stik hot and it works well. I don't know of other surfaces for nylon as I only use geckotek for nylon, cshyde pei for petg, and buildtac/geckotec for pla. If you want to print nylon x or any abrasive filament than a hardened nozzle is a must as the brass will not last. Last but not least when printing nylon filament, dry, dry, DRY. If the filament isn't dry you will have issues with first layers and layer bonds. Happy printing.

Comment

Working...
        X