100% totally in love and confused by 3d printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% totally in love and confused by 3d printing

Hey All, began my journey a couple days ago with trying to understand 3d and have been a little disillusioned by the quantity of information out there, the thing is I like the idea of making stuff out of steal, and making wiring as that seems all come from China and I'd rather make my own. Guess wwill just have to keep trying until something come up that meet my needs and skills. Cheers and hope to get to know you soon.

Welcome Two Oriel!

Comment

As a fellow newbie, I agree about the information out there. It gets very confusing! I have a Ender 5 and after many trials, I found out it only uses a 32g micro card. I've been trying to get it to print from a 120 g card. Now I have to figure out why the PLA keeps breaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Frederickdav View Post
        Now I have to figure out why the PLA keeps breaking.
        PLA gets very brittle when it has absorbed to much moisture from the air. This is usually a sign of PLA that wasn't vacuum sealed correctly during storage/shipping or has been open for a while, like the included roll with the printer sometimes is. Much more of a problem in humid weather too. Lookup how to dry filament and you can try to bring it back to life. Sometimes spooling the outer layer off helps if it's been setting on your machine a while as that layer is the one exposed to the most humidity. Happy printing.

Comment

Working...
        X