New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the forum

Hi, I’m new here I’ve had an Anet A8 for about 6 months, all has been going well. I’ve added MOSFETS to the power circuit and various upgrades that I printed. Now I have an Anet ET4 Pro, I posted an issue that I am having with the bed level sensor earlier today I’m hoping someone can help me out with anyway glad to be part of the community and hope I can help someone out at some point but right now I’m hoping someone can help me out LOL

Hi Rick welcome to the forum, I have an Anet A8 too and are still slugging away at it and have had it for 18mths or so. I have not heard of a ET4 Pro and was wondering how it is going for you, are you happy with it, is it better than the A8 and did you have to put it together. Still and all in these bloody terrible times it all helps to pass the time. Stay well Rick regards Col

Comment

Hi Col,
      The ET4 Pro is a well thought out printer, although I haven't yet been able to print with it yet. It comes mostly assembled(unlike the A8!). Anet has shipped me a replacement so I would really like to get this one figured out. Everything seems to function correctly except the auto bed level function does not stop the extruder from crashing into the print table on the Z axis. The light on the sensor illuminates when you put something under the sensor but it continues to move downward. I guess it has issues with the mainboard but I am not for sure. I suppose the whole world is dealing with this virus pandemic, It's pretty bad but I have been fortunate..
      take care,
      Rick
      A little about the printer, it has a 32 bit processor along with filament break detection and auto shut down when printing is done and enhanced safety design, a nice touch screen to control it with, an all aluminum frame and many more features including super quiet stepper design.

Comment

Hi Rick, After reading your post I had a look at the ET4 online and was very impressed. It looks a stronger more robust unit than the A8 and to make matters worse I want one now too. The problem you are having is similar to one I had when I fitted a BL Touch to my A8 and in my case it was the setting of the Z offset which was set on the printer using the screen. The firmware was Marlin is that the same with the ET4. I noted that the leveller is a light sensor type and not a touch so I might be leading you the wrong way but it might be worth checking it out if you haven't already. Kind regards Col

Comment

I have never made any adjustment with the offset, I'm not sure exactly how it works. I suppose it compensates to correct the Z axis stopping position? But if I raise the extruder with the controls up near the top then "home all" axis, on it's way down I can put my hand close to the sensor and the indicator light illuminates but continues to move downward until it hits the build plate, if I were to let it keep going. The ET4 Pro has a play and stop touch button that makes it easy to stop movement without killing the power to the machine. Do you think the offset adjustment would cause the Z axis to keep lowering when the sensor senses the build plate? thanks for your time

Comment

Hi Rick, On my A8 with the BL Touch I had to play around with the Z offset because the hot end kept crashing into the into the plate and so I had to pull the plug. In the finish I ended up with a Z offset of -1.2 and that fixed the problem. I really don't know anything about a sensor with a light. But I'm thinking like you when the beam is broken it should stop. Your right in what you have written about the Z axis stopping. Have you tried stating your problem mentioning ET4 on YouTube, you could easily find there are other people who have had the same problem and the have the answer. I have found this medium really well and it has got me out of trouble several times. Rick when I look at the news on a night and see the number of dead around the world it's like looking at a science fiction movie and hard to believe. How are you guys coping over there? Lets hope we will see the end to this terrible virus soon. Cheer Col

Comment

Hello Col,
              The sensor that I’m talking about is a proximity sensor and it doesn’t use a beam of light like you would think, the light I was talking about is an indicator light that is on the sensor itself to let you know it has detected something in its path and the light is coming on like it should but it is either not sending the signal to the motherboard or the motherboard is not processing the signal from the proximity switch, that is what I don’t know. I’ve looked on YouTube quite a bit, this being a relatively new printer there aren’t a lot of them having issues yet I guess, but I got it brand new with an issue that I’m speaking about and I’m supposed to receive a replacement machine tomorrow. I was told to keep this one so I’m going to try and troubleshoot and figure it out myself I may have to buy a replacement motherboard but I would like to know for sure that’s what it needs before I purchase it.
              As far as the virus goes we are told to practice “social distancing” and there are no restaurants anywhere that are open for inside business drive-through only miany businesses have temporarily closed, all schools are temporarily closed, there is still traffic on the streets just at a reduced rate and I don’t go anywhere unless if it is a necessity and as far as the news that we hear, some of it I take with a grain of salt. I’m not sure what all is actually truth and what is not I personally don’t know of anyone who has directly been affected with a virus only what I read in the newspaper and see on theTV channels and they are some quite alarming numbers of infected or dead according to the news outlets but I don’t get too worked up I know I did lose a lot of money on our stock market from my pension, about $70,000 is pretty accurate. I am retired and if I did not need to lose that much money but nothing can be done about that now anyway be safe and take care my friend

Comment

Working...
              X