Hello form Arizona!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello form Arizona!

My name is Joe, and I am extremely new to the world of 3D printing! The first printer I decided to buy is a Tevo Tarantula pro. It is a kit that I had to build from scratch. I chose to build a printer from scratch so I could learn the inner workings a 3D printer. Unfortunately I am having some issues with a BL touch auto bed leveling probe, which has led me here. This is the first forum I have ever been a part of, but am at my wits end and don't know where else to turn.

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum and the some times frustrating but enjoyable world of 3D printing. I have been playing around with 3D printing for a year or so and am still learning. I have a Anet A8 which came with no auto bed levelling and I managed to produce some good projects. After time I decided to update and add a 3D Touch which is similar to the BL Touch and I have experienced quite a lot of trouble trying to get the exact adjustments and just when I think I have got there something goes wrong. I am even thinking of reverting back to the DIY levelling. The only thing that has kept me trying this far is that there are other forum members that appear to have mastered the little devil. If you could explain just what problem you are having with it either myself or someone here could help. Just about most of us have experienced some problems while fitting and operating one at sometime. So you are not on your own and I know where you are coming from.
    Regards Col

Comment

Hey Col. thanks. At this point I have rectified the problem. The reason I need the auto leveling feature, is the fact that my bed is so uneven, and with manual leveling you can only level the 4 corners. I need more points of reference. What was happening , is whenever I would attempt to use the leveling feature, I was having the hardest time getting the probe to stay within the dimensions of the bed. for some reason in the firmware, even though the settings where correct, it was not responding according to the parameters that were set. I uploaded the settings several times, and on the fourth try it worked. now that the auto leveling is working properly, I have to say it is amazing! It is definitely worth all the frustration. Don't give up on it, it's worth all the trouble!
      Have a great day, and keep on printing.
      Joe

Comment

Working...
      X