Print moves on bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Print moves on bed

Hi I am very new to 3D printing and have a problem with my Anet a8 I set the nozzle at 190 and the bed at 60 and shortly into the print it starts moving on the bed. Is the bed too hot or to cold or is something else out of adjustment? Thanks

Hi, The first place I would start to look at is bed levelling then may be give it a 'skirt' this goes around the base of what you are printing. Often if you are printing something tall but with a small base you will have this problem. Some people even spray hairspray others use a glue stick on the bed prior to printing. I use painters marking tape and I also have a anet A8.

Comment

Thanks for your input it has automatic bed leveling but I don’t know how to make the initial height adjustment

Comment

You can adjust the initial height by adjusting the micro switch on the far left of the machine. Just undo the one of the two screws which has a slot you can adjust with. If you have any problems locating it come back to me and I will post a pic of it. Cheers Col

Comment

Col I have ordered a new hot end and I need help setting it up

Comment

Hi, sorry I have not responded to your post sooner. Some of the description with your pic was only visible for a short time then disappeared. Anyway I got the gist of what you required I hope.

Firstly I have to add that I don’t have a auto leveller on my Anet A8 so that I can't advise you that much on that aspect. But what I have read is you need to adjust the two threaded vertical rods to make sure they are even and the four screws at each corner of the heated bed as best you can, before trying to adjust anything else. I often use 'Youtube' as a guide but you might have to make sure you get the right clip that is the same as the auto leveller you have. Have you managed to change over the nozzle and heated block OK? I had to change mine awhile ago and just used the same setting roughly as the old one. I'm sorry if I have not been able to help much this time but if I can in any other way just yell out. Good luck and stay with it I'm sure you will get a lot of fun out of it if you have any hair left at the end.

Comment

Working...
            X