Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ola from South Africa

Hey fellow enthusiasts, JJ here.

My kit is the DIY Anet A8 Plus. Haven't had much success with it to date, so I'll be perusing the forums for some wisdom...

Happy printing!

Welcome JJ, I have a Anet A8 also and have had it for about a year. If you have managed to assemble it you are well on the way to success. Good luck and I am sure you will find this forum very helpful regards Col

Comment

I am happy to help with any problems you might encounter so please ask if you need help. I am sure that there are a lot of other members that would be only to happy to help also. Don't be shy just ask.

Comment

Thanks Colbrit.

Here goes:
        - Which slicer are you using and how did you go about getting a profile set up for the A8?
        - Also, which brand filament are you using?
        - Do you have the original A8 that requires all the upgrading or the Plus?
        - Have you had much success? Good prints?

Obviously I'm asking since I haven't had a lot of success. All in all, I've got 3hrs worth of successful printing, 160hrs of bed leveling and this is no joke...

Comment

OK where to start, firstly I was using Cura 3.2.1. and now 14.7 (gets updated regally) as my slicer and as you will know there is no Anet A8 listed as to what machine you have so I choose Prusa Mendal I3. Which I think Anet A8 is a Chinese copy of. When you asked about the profile am I right in thinking you mean what machine did I choose? The filament I use dose not have a brand stamped on the spool but I purchased it from Banggood on the net, It is 1.75mm PLA printing temp. 190-230C. When printing my extruder temp is normally around 190-210C. As far as I know my Anet A8 is the original not the Plus as I can't see that anywhere on the machine. I really don't think you need any of the so called upgrading if you are referring to all the bits that are suggested you make and add on like the extended fan. When I first started like you I struggled with the bed levelling now I find it a pain but by no means as a big of a problem as before. I simply use a piece of computer paper and as long as I can feel a resistance to it when under the extruder then it is fine. Press down on the sliding table and let it snap back into place around the threaded screws because you will find that it dose not always sit back home as it should. Once you are happy with the bed level you should not have to keep adjusting it. I use masking tape that spray painters use on cars on the headed bed for each print and I am seriously thinking about updating to a glass bed with auto levelling when I can afford it. I can now say I have had some really good success and even made some useful things and by that I mean not trinkets etc. My first break full was when I made a simple block and that was when I discovered tinkercad but now I have gone onto sketchup the free version. Stay with it as I am sure by what you have written you are very close to achieving a good outcome. All the best Col

Comment

Thanks sir. Good printing to you too.

Comment

Working...
            X
            yobit