Clogged Printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clogged Printer

I'm not sure if I've come to the right place but any help at this point is apperciated. My Monoprice MP select has been clogged for the last few weeks and I've pretty much given up on it. I've replaced the entire hot end (with an E3D kit) yet somehow it's still getting jammed, I've ensured it's fully tightened together and since added heat block cotton (as I thought I was having heat creep at first) I've upgraded the fan to a Noctua 40x20. The extruder itself seems to be working fine but it's in the hotend itself that the fillament seems to get jammed.
    I'm not entirely sure what details might be needed here so please advise as much as possible, thanks in advance for any support.

Hi - what filament are you using and what print temp ?

Comment

Hey, it's PLA and I usually print at about 190 (I've also tried everything from 180 to 220 with no success, each time using brand new parts)

Comment

Try a different filament, or you could try cutting a couple yards off and trying again. If your extruder is getting hot enough and your fan is working, it must be bad filament. It is posible that some or all of the spool got contaminated during manufacture or that it is just old filament.

Comment

Okay I'll give a fresh reel a go, it was working for awhile so perhaps you're right about some of it being contaminated, it has been there awhile too mind you. I'll get back to you once I've given it a go thanks.

Comment

So replaced the fillament with a fresh reel and unfortunatly it still didn't work. I've taken some images of what happens after I replace the parts and print. I'm pretty certain the bed is level but perhaps I've missed something in that area? Anyway I'm just guessing at this point and I'd apperciate any further advice any of you can give, thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about the image quality, fairly difficult to get decent pictures of these because they were small. The first image was only slightly bigger than a 2p coin.
              This filament is 1.75mm sorry I failed to mention previously.
              Attached Files

Comment

After closer inspection it's definitely getting stuck at the heat break but I can't tell why. Even with brand new parts I get the same issue. I've changed my print settings, including retraction and travel speed but with no results. I'm really at a loose end.

Comment

Maybe your hotend fan (not the part cooling fan) is not strong enough. This could lead to Filament getting stuck just above the heatbreak.

Comment

Check the PTFE tube inside your hot end if it has one. I had clogging issues when mine was supplied without the tube. I have also heard the tube being too short can also cause this issue.

Comment

There's no PTFE tube inside it. I should have one I can put in there but I get the feeling I might need to buy a new part. I'll let you know what happens, thanks.

Comment

It's working great now thanks. Annoying that they supplied me with a kit that was supposed to be fully functional but I'm glad it's working now. Hope it stays that way!
                        Thanks again.

Comment

So it worked for a few prints and suddenly started clogging in the hot end. Is it possible that I have the wrong hot end?

Comment

Think my fan shroud was blocking the airflow, seems fine now.

Comment

Working...
                            X