Morning and hello.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning and hello.

Good morning. My name is Mike and I just bought a Tronxy p802. It was used and after figuring out exactly what it was (unfortunately after I bought it) I probably paid a little too much, but live and learn I guess. She needed a little bit of general maintenance loose bolts and nuts everywhere and very poor cable management that needed cleaning up. So that is what I have been taking care of this week and once I get the hotbed and "Y" axis re attached I hope to be up and printing this weekend. I have been on thingieverse already and have a few upgrades all ready to print out. I do have have a quick question, I am not sure what "machine" section this fits under, probably under the Anet section if I had to guess.

Mike.

That machine is a Prusa I3 clone. If you are talking about which section for your slicer, just make sure that your bed size is set to the correct size. Then you should be able to make a print to see if your x,y, and z axes are the correct size. Chances are, that the boards will already be set to the correct size through the firmware because these were production machines and not homebuilt.

Comment

Actually I was asking on what section of this forum I should post questions on seeing that there is no Prusa or Tronxy sub forum but, thank you on the recommendation for setting the slicer software. I will look into that before I actually make my first print which will be soon. I had to do some repairs on the beast before I got to use it ( I will try and get some pictures up soon). I tried printing something the other night and found that the PLA filament and the nylon in the transfer tube if that is what it is called between the extruded and tip were melted together and would not let the anything come out of the machine. Not sure this happens other than to high a temp for the hot end, but to get it hot enough to melt the PLA and Nylon togeather??? Anyway I ordered a couple of spare tubes and some other upgrades, getting ready to put it back together now and see how she works.

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
      Working...
      X