Printer issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer issues

Having skipping issues with my flsun prusa i3 mk2 3d printer. Has been happening for a while. The printer will shift the print over in sections as it goes. Please help me I cant find the issue

You most likely have a pulley/drive gear on a stepper that is loose, or belts that are loose so check all belts and pulleys. 2. The stepper motors are skipping/missing steps so you need to adjust the current on the axis that is shifted or the driver may be bad. If I bump a printer hard enuf I can make it do what you see. Also make sure the filament roll is free to turn and not being tugged by the hot end as it moves. Make sure the part isn't slipping on the bed and first layer is sticking.

Comment

First layer always sticks as it's a hotbed. As it prints the motor gets weak as when I put my hands on the hotbed a held onto it the printer frame would move but when it shifts the print and I grab the hotbed it doesnt have the same power. I know you should never do that but i had no other option as all belts and pulleys are good the rails are free and it slides with ease. What would make a stepper motor lose power in mid print

Comment

current on the stepper motor drivers needs to be adjusted if possible depending on the board you have. Also too small of a power supply can cause the issue especially if the heat bed, hotend and its fan and maybe the cooling fan is coming on at that point. Check the wattage of the power supply you want as high as you can get or add a second supply just for heat bed and you could add the hotend cooling fan to it as it should always be on full speed.

Comment

Working...
        X
        yobit