Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello/My Intoroduction!

Hello Everyone,
    I am looking at purchasing a 3d printer this weekend, hopefully get a black friday sale. Somewhere in the price range of less than $300. I am an equipment technician by trade and general hobyist, tinkerer and woodwork by night. I am sure there will be some what a learning curve, but that is exactly why I am jumping in! Feel free to reply with your feedback and general advice. Thank you and I hope to get to know everyone soon!

As a novice in this field, my advice would be to not buy a used machine from another individual. I made this error in judgement myself, and as this is proving to test my learning curve, it is also testing my patience, as I'm working on getting the machine to operate correctly. I'm not even to the point of running any PLA filament yet. I'm waiting on a couple of parts from 3D Systems. Whatever affordable machine you purchase, buy new. Also, search Youtube for 3D printer reviews.

Comment

Great advice I have read alot of reviews aswell and am leaning towards an Ender 3, they seem like a great entry level printer.

Comment

I think I agree with that, as I just ordered one for myself a could of days ago. Maybe I can learn to print on one, while I'm learning to fix the other

Comment

Working...
        X