Problem with Z motors, do not stay alligned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Z motors, do not stay alligned

Z1 and Z2 motors work well at the start but at 10 mm high Z1 stays down and Z2 moves correctly, any wrong setup in the design? Any help is appreciated. Forgot to say that I am using Anet A8 and I am new to 3 D printing.

Originally posted by Nazih
    Z1 and Z2 motors work well at the start but at 10 mm high Z1 stays down and Z2 moves correctly, any wrong setup in the design? Any help is appreciated. Forgot to say that I am using Anet A8 and I am new to 3 D printing.
    Hi,
    I have 3 anet a8 printers in my home, and all had this issue I found this to be a problem with the threaded rods not seating all the way into the flex coupling at the motors, combined with slippage on the threaded rod and the set screws. That was a mouthful.
    I fixed this by loosening all the set screws on both sides, removing the x carriage assembly completely from the threaded screws. Then sliding the threaded rods all the way into the coupling an placing them onto the motor shaft. Once I do that, I made sure that the motor shaft touched lightly on the threaded screw through it the coupling. Then I tightened the lower set screw to the motor shaft on the flat side of the shaft. Then tightened both set screws snug. I do that on both sides.
    Once that was done I put the x carriage assembly on top of the loosened threaded rods and turned both till they catch and evenly begging to thread on to the rods. Then I set all the upper set screws on the coupling tight. I then hand screw it down a bit and reassemble to top caps on the frame to hold the guide rods in place.
    Once completed this issue cleared up. Honestly it's a misalignment of the threaded screws and can show up at any height. I also printed z access alignment indicators from thingiverse to help see if this happens again. If it does I am buying threaded rod attached z motors to replace them which I know will solve the issue once and for all. Hope this is helpful to anyone having this problem. Ask question if any of this was unclear.

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
    Working...
    X