Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Got my first printer the other week and loving it, was unsure what to expect and didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that turned out to be useless so went for cheapest printer I could find the leshp Z1 which will give me a benchmark and if it was useless I at least tried and could make use of the parts in other electronic projects.

Was blown away with it from the start and since then I've changed bearings, fibre belt and psu.

Originally had a much bigger budget in mind so took the plunge and ordered a duet wifi, better stepper motors (just X & Y) plus few other little bits. Printed a custom made mount already for the duet once it arrives and started the strip down as they should be here tomorrow.

Had a comment elsewhere that I should have bought a better printer from the start but that's not what I'm after, enjoy the learning and like the choice of putting in decent parts to slowly build up.

Next step is to get a metal frame, not sure if I will just do the anet A8 frame (Z1 is basically an A8 clone with few changes) or go for something totally different, maybe bigger as want to upgrade heat bed soon as well as current one struggles to hit 100°c and won't go past it so not ideal for ABS, that said done a few ABS prints and all turned out perfect so far.

So anyway, hello everyone.
Working...
X