Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any professional printer controls available? Recommendations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any professional printer controls available? Recommendations?

Just as the title states I am wondering if any professional grade 3D printer controls exist. I donít care about the cost I want a quality build. Everything I find seems to be limited to number of stepper drivers and if I could find a motion control that allowed me to use my own stepper drivers and were not integrated that would be ideal. Currently the printer setup, similar to a Folgertech Ft-5 with a 350mm square hotbed is setup for 6 steppers and I have a triple 3 to 1 nozzle for blending and color changes and would either need to redesign all axis to single steppers or sacrifice extruder feeders to nozzle which Iím not willing to do. I imagine that printers setup for these print heads must use single axis steppers and/or ballscrews and linear rails. I have linear rails already and considering running ballscrews as the entire machine is aluminum and no wood or melamine is used to obtain a more rigid and higher quality prints. All I seem to find is the Rumba. Rumba unfortunately is not 32 bit and doesnít strike me as the ideal control however RaddsRumba is more interesting it is like others and limited to 6 drivers. Any suggestions? Iím open to changing all axis to single steppers though Iíd most definitely prefer external drivers if this is my only option. Iím surprised with technology the controls seem to be taking the longest time in advancing and most are the same boards relabeled another name. With all the professional machines out there I imagine they must be using a pc based controller or integrated that is a higher standard than a typical hobby machine. Recommendations? If you need more info please ask and I can elaborate.

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
Working...
X