Greetings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings

I had resisted the first few waves of hype. The recent flood of Cetus vids on YouTube finally got me last week. I had a day or two of remorse after buying their $400 package on impulse. It connects well only to my Windows 7 box, and their proprietary software won't even run on my wife's Windows 10 laptop. It drops it's WiFi connection often, leaving only USB usable.

I was somewhat down the path of keeping only the structure and mechanicals, thinking to replace the electronics from the stepper drivers on up. I figured Octoprint, Marlin, an STM32, and TMC2130's were more what i had in mind. And then i found out about Prusa. The Mk3 price splashed some reality on the idea. I'd rather buy it complete, you see.

I liked Cetus's "real" linear bearings hype most when i bought it. Alas, their X- axis --a simple 20mm extrusion-- is cantilevered the full distance. I haven't put a dial indicator or accelerometer on it, but the end vibrates horribly as it prints. And yet, the prints continue to come out not so bad at all.

My thought this moment is to make the most of the premature purchase by printing as continually as I'm able. To my chagrin, I'm finding that a 1 kg spool will last through 8 days of printing even if I could keep it fed.

Actually, maybe that should be a question. How quickly do you go through 1 kg of filament?

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
Working...
X