Bed heating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bed heating

Hi, I have just recently added a 300 X 300 heated bed, and found that it was taking over 12 minutes to heat to 50c, so on advice I connected a mosfet module, but now it starts heating when power is switched on and just keeps on heating until power is removed.
    It completely ignores the dedicated setting of 60c.
    Any help here would be much appreciated.

I use a Solid State Relay with the input signal from the original power feed +ve and it works perfectly.
    You'd need to show how you connected it as either that's incorrect or your module doesn't work.

Comment

insulating the bed from below speeds up the heating. it also saves energy

Comment

Originally posted by magicniner View Post
        I use a Solid State Relay with the input signal from the original power feed +ve and it works perfectly.
        You'd need to show how you connected it as either that's incorrect or your module doesn't work.
        Thanks for the reply.
        It is connected correctly, so it seems that as you say and I suspected it's a faulty unit, and to make sure I wired it back to original and it works OK although be it slow.

insulating the bed from below speeds up the heating. it also saves energy.
        That is already in place, and makes little difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jan127 View Post
          insulating the bed from below speeds up the heating. it also saves energy
          Relevance to an electrical issue?

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
          Working...
          X