Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CR-10 Problem: Does Anyone know how to fix issues with Y-axis "stepping"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CR-10 Problem: Does Anyone know how to fix issues with Y-axis "stepping"?

This happens almost exclusively in the Y-axis. From the front, the part looks perfect. But, from a side view, it's completely messed up. I tightened a lot of screws & aligned the bed perfectly after these failed prints. But, the problem persists. I can't figure out what to do to solve the problem. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? I have only a week left to return the printer. So, immediate feedback would be greatly appreciated. If I am going to return it, I have to get it shipped back to the manufacturer before April 30. Before then, I must have consistent error-free prints. Please help!!!

Looks like your losing steps in one of your axis, either the x or y that is causing those layer shifts. Could be a few reasons for that, I would check that the axis are moving freely and not binding up at all, maybe adjust the pots on the motor drivers. But to be honest if you are able to send it back it could be worth it rather than fixing it yourself. Up to you I guess, I love to tinker with my printer right out of the box so I never would have the chance to send mine back. :P

Comment

Thanks, Mike. I will check it out and see if I can resolve the problem using the methods you suggest. Sending it back would mean getting a refund. Creality is in China. So, it would be a one-way ticket. I hope I can get the printer running perfectly. Aside from the y-axis problem, I really do like the machine. Whatever the problem is, it should be fixable. When I first started using it, it gave me better results. So, clearly the problem has gotten worse over time. Must be something like you said. Thanks again.

Comment

It's certainly fixable and there are a lot of reasons why it might be doing this, maybe someone else can suggest some other things to check. Have you started printing faster since you first started using it? speed could be an issue

Comment

It does the same thing at half the speed. I think something just needs adjustments, like you said.

Comment

Mike, what exactly is a pot on a stepper motor? What exactly do I need to adjust? Can you show me a photo to explain, or something?

Comment

Make sure your belts are tight and your bed does not wobble. If you check this and its still doing it then up the VREF on your x and y stepper motors

Sent from my SM-G935V using 3D Printing Forum mobile app

Comment

Mraw, I wasn't sure how to do what you said. So, I looked it up on Google. I found a very good video that shows exactly how to adjust the potentiometers and VREFs using a multimeter and a ceramic screwdriver (neither of which I have, unfortunately). Anyone who needs to make these adjustments on a Creality 3d printer should see this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJRYXKRAUN4

The bed doesn't wobble at all. I haven't had issues with the X-axis. It's exclusively a problem in Y. I guess I am going to need to get the aforementioned tools so that I can make the adjustments. What confuses me, however, is that when I first started using the printer a few weeks ago, the prints were not giving me these problems. So, I don't understand how it got so bad on its own.

Nevertheless, I seriously need my printer running properly. So, I'm going to have to learn this troubleshooting business. Thanks very much for your help.

Comment

Update: My printer is fixed!!!!!!! Hurray!!!!!!!!!! I adjusted the potentiometers and the printer is now printing flawlessly. Thanks to MikeyBoxP, Mraw & the awesome dude that made this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJRYXKRAUN4 I am off to do some perfect printing now!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If you are facing Y-axis stepping troubles, check the following settings:
                    • Check that the 3D printer’s base is stable
                    • Ensure the print bed to be secure
                    • Check for warped upper layers
                    • Reduce the printing speed
                    • Check the belts of your 3D printer
                    • Clean and oil the rods and check for their deformation
                    If your 3D printer faces any such troubles, you need to resolve them soon.
                    Buy Resin 3D printer at discounted price now. The Wanhao Duplicator 7 DLP Version 1.5 is a resin desktop 3D printer made by Wanhao. Check features & order now!

Comment

Excellent that good that you have managed to solve the problem and your printer is now working perfectly. Greetings and here to order ...

Comment

Working...
                      X