Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

New member. Looking for some advice and shared experience as I try to come to grips with 3D printing.
    Already looking for help having switched to ABS for a project. Strange Shapes my printer makes!

Bed and enclosure temperatures need to be high enough for ABS parts of any size and shape which are not able to deal with cooling shrinkage.
    You do have a heated enclosure, right?

Comment

Originally posted by magicniner View Post
      Bed and enclosure temperatures need to be high enough for ABS parts of any size and shape which are not able to deal with cooling shrinkage.
      You do have a heated enclosure, right?
      I'm using a V3, so I guess no it is not a heated enclosure. It is enclosed which presumably maintains some temperature within the print space. I have increased the temp of the bed which seems to have helped. Maybe my printer is not suitable for ABS though?

Comment

I print ABS almost entirely and an enclosure is not always required. If you measure temperature at 1/4" to 1/2" above your heated bed, you will find it is higher than most enclosures get. So if the print is not very tall, I print without an enclosure and if it is tall, I use an enclosure.

Comment

Thanks for that. Could I ask what temperature you heat the bed too?

Comment

Originally posted by Craigos
            Thanks for that. Could I ask what temperature you heat the bed too?
            I recently started to print with ABS. Works well for me using the Bed@105°C. Iam using an enclosure wich reaches around 50°C (only from the bed heat).

Comment

When you switch to ABS, you also need to make some kind of changes in the settings of your 3D printer. Also, get good quality ABS filament as inappropriate filament quality could also lead to undesirable 3D printed results.
              We are #1 place to buy and sell 3d printers. We are offering best 3d printers for sale at best price. Visit our store to compare and buy 3d printers and read Latest Reviews.

Comment

For abs printing I use mod pobge which, when hot is soft and sticky and when cold is hard, and for the first layer I have my bed still 90degrees C. After the first layer first layer I turn my bed off. To remove the print just heat up your bed again.

Comment

Working...
                X