XYZ 1.0 AIO-long bars lifting at corners most recently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XYZ 1.0 AIO-long bars lifting at corners most recently

Hello, my name is Mark from Cleveland Ohio. I'm a professional local P&D driver and when I'm not driving I'm Pro Painting autos. I'm now 57 years old now and still feel much younger. The avatar above depicts a 1987 VW 16V Scirocco in which are now 35 years old. The photo is for attention only as mine is still in the build phase hoping to be finished this summer. The whole build including paint and heavily modded from original is all being done by yours truly! That out of the way I bought a Davinci 1.0 AIO and love this thing. Scanner is less than useful though lol! I'm sure many can agree from what i've read! So what I've been up to is printing hard to find small automotive parts that after 35 years deteriorate. I'm reproducing these parts for the Vw enthusiast at a fraction that Europe has been trying charge for these parts. Here's a sample of some badges I have made and hand painted to spec.

I have the glass heated bed and my long oblong parts are lifting at the corners just about rendering the part useless. This even after using a brim! Any help is good help!
    Last edited by Markeys1; 02-18-2018, 03:04 AM.

Comment

I find the usual cause of this is when the bed is not level. Too many people rely on this auto level feature which may be ok for small deviations in the print bed surface but they don't do a mechanical leveling of the machine. You could try increasing bed temperature. I use glue stick and if I miss a section it might happen but I find my bed needs re leveling. I recently posted two sites that cover a lot of print problems.

Comment

What material are you printing those with?

Comment

Hello!
          It looks like you have a bed leveling problem. There are a couple of videos on UTUBE that give you a play by play how to level the bed with a piece of 8x10 bond paper. I have the same printer and I level the bed twice a year with no problems. Also make sure that the glass on the bed is clean. I usually take a damp handi wipe and lay it on the glass while it is warm and the wipe it clean.
          Good luck and let the forum know how this worked out.

Comment

I have since manually leveled the bed and now get good results. So now my most recent model is having an issue in where I import it to thingiverse and it has blocks missing, misplaced parts and the back side of a flat is concave. looks really bad. I didn't want to have to start this one over because of the time it took to draw it up!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JBPN View Post
                What material are you printing those with?
                Most of my prints are in ABS.

Comment

Working...
                X