Hi from a new lurker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from a new lurker

Hi, I can honestly say I have no idea about 3d printing or design, all I know is that it fascinates and intreagues me.

So being the type of person that tends to jump in at the deep end and hope that I swim I purchased myself a 3d printer (which in itself is being a bugger as it turned up broken beyond all recognition and the seller is sending out parts rather then replacing the lot, but hey-ho, it's all good fun and adds to the learning curve).

I'm not joining with a barrage of questions, instead I'm gonna lurk and read as much (hopefully relevant) info as I can.

So I will now enter the shadows and fingers crossed the next topic I start will be of my first print and not one begging for help.

If you require help with the repair and rebuild feel free to ask and post pictures of issues

Comment

Thanks dude, I'm gonna give it a shot by myself first, sink or swim and all that.

This is the mess I was delivered....

Comment

Holy crap i hope the washing machine never delivers here

Comment

You know it mate.

It was put as used but the description was misleading (the bit in red), I figured it'd been opened, person deemed it too tricksy and returned.
          It however looked more likely that they'd made a balls up if building it, and even more of a balls up dismantling it.

Comment

I have a spare frame if your in the uk and want to cover postage

Comment

Thank you. That's very generous of you to offer.
              I've had a replacement sent through for that already, still waiting for some other bits and bobs to comes through, it'll get there eventually.

Comment

If there are any of the printed parts you have that are broken, let me know and i am sure i can fit them in and reprint them, i am sure i have the stl files for this printer

Comment

^^Ditto. Although they would be coming from us Yanks! After many calibration pieces later I'm able to achieve a dimensional accuracy of +\- 0.015in (depending on material).

Comment

I'd need to know the part tho. I don't own an I3 or one of the many clones. My son has a Tronxy p802 but the only printed part is the fan duct. You have a good board setup. If made properly the Ramps board is bulletproof. 1/2 my printers run them. The other half run the Azteeg X3.

Comment

Thanks guys, the offers really are appreciated.
                      I've decided to return that one and get a refund. The whole process of getting the replacement parts could potentially take months from sintron.
                      I'm just going to get a new one, that way I can at least have some more faith that I won't find more broken/missing/fried parts.

Comment

Working...
                      X