Hello from South Georgia, USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from South Georgia, USA

I took the plunge into 3d printing the first of this year, purchasing an Anet A8 Prusa i3 clone. After testing it with the stock setup, I expanded to an RPi running Octoprint/Octopi.

I'm a woodworker but also have the desire to learn a lot of other things. I've designed and built most of the furniture in our home using cherry, walnut, mahogany and oak.

I use my 3d printer to make things mostly as gifts for friends and family.

The printer is another tool in my well-equipped primarily woodworking shop.

Welcome.. From Chattanooga... Just a little north of you.. The next big task is find some 3D design software you like.. I like OpenSCAD, but it is all math.. If you are not good in math, don't
    even look at it..
    Have Fun...
    Don

Comment

Yes, welcome. I enjoy wood working as well. I have printed a few useful jigs, for my sander, table saw and router table from my printer. as well as a center finder, and corner clamp for glue ups.
      I would have to say wood working and 3D prinitng go well together. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Comment

Originally posted by donpeek View Post
        Welcome.. From Chattanooga... Just a little north of you.. The next big task is find some 3D design software you like.. I like OpenSCAD, but it is all math.. If you are not good in math, don't
        even look at it..
        Have Fun...
        Don
        Hi, Don.

I have used SketchUp Make for many years and find it works well for most of my work. I've used OpenSCAD to modify some nuts and bolts that were designed by others.

Comment

Originally posted by trimfandango View Post
          Yes, welcome. I enjoy wood working as well. I have printed a few useful jigs, for my sander, table saw and router table from my printer. as well as a center finder, and corner clamp for glue ups.
          I would have to say wood working and 3D prinitng go well together. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
          One thing I've made with the printer is inserts for my bandsaws. The inserts are about $9 plus $8 shipping from the manufacturer. I can print one for about 19cents worth of PLA. Your comment about a corner clamp got me to thinking I should do the same!

Comment

Working...
          X