Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to 3d printing.

Good evening everyone!

I am Joe and new to 3d printing. I have been into computers for 25+ years, my first machine was a Tandy 1000. I have built several machines and now want to get into 3d printing. I have seen a lot of printers from box machines to DIY kits and see a lot of potential. I have also already played with some of the CAD software specific to 3d printing.

Wow, if you are going back to the Tandy Trash 1000 or the 80, you are really dating yourself, any way best of luck in 3d.

Comment

Building a printer is a lot different than making a computer due to the mechanical aspect but being good at CAD is certainly a plus I am sure you will have a few questions

Comment

What are you looking for in 3D printing? You can build all sorts of machines in varying qualities of printing and printable materials.

Comment

Originally posted by Steefaan
          What are you looking for in 3D printing? You can build all sorts of machines in varying qualities of printing and printable materials.
          I'm looking for a printer with a print area at least 13" on the X and/or Y axis. 13" cubed would be advantageous but not needed.

Something that can run multiple colors. I am intrigued by the 3-in-1-out print head I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeTornado View Post
            Good evening everyone!

I am Joe and new to 3d printing. I have been into computers for 25+ years, my first machine was a Tandy 1000. I have built several machines and now want to get into 3d printing. I have seen a lot of printers from box machines to DIY kits and see a lot of potential. I have also already played with some of the CAD software specific to 3d printing.
            Welcome to 3D Printing forum.

Comment

Working...
            X