Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello People... Oh and can you help me where google is failing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello People... Oh and can you help me where google is failing?

Hello World!!!!

I have a few projects I am working on at the moment, I have a few reprap based printers, however I am actively building a large format machine. Not really based on anything. Im sort of designing it as I build it... Its hopefully going to have a 1m Y axis, Dual 1m X carriages, and a 1.5m Z axis. I

have built the X and Y stages already using C beam v slot aluminium ball screw actuators.

I have a load of questions about:

Steppers, lead screws, and their weight carrying capabilities.
    Running multiple stepper drivers from single board's plugs ( That needs some better explanation I know ) Basically if I can make a breakout board and run 3 or 4 DRV8825 from a single chip output.
    The best way to run as many stepper channels as possible for silly amounts of multiple extruderage. ( I wonder how the Prusa multiplexer does things, Something I am not going to know till mine turns up ).

Have I come to the right place?

You might ask "Why Mr 'so called Grep' person would you want a 1.5meter cubed build area with many, many extruders", All I can say is I just have to know what a 1.5m tall technicoloured, and in places bendy wave vase looks like., that and what sort of noise said vase makes when the ABS cooling stress takes out a row of fins.

Any how... Hello good people!!!!

New to 3d printing, new the forum, but i am familliar with Automation technology, robotics, and CNC in general. I own a big-rig truck and run my own forum for truckers but that is another story all together.

Anyhow, I purchased a JGAurora Z-603S and have already made a cool thing or 2 like the broken gear I replaced (see photo). hopefully i will learn a thing or 2 on here and be able to share my own ideas with others while I am at it.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Lord Grep! You have come to the right place. Share your project - with pictures - and I am sure you will get lots of help.

Comment

Originally posted by LordGrep View Post
        Hello World!!!!

I have a few projects I am working on at the moment, I have a few reprap based printers, however I am actively building a large format machine. Not really based on anything. Im sort of designing it as I build it... Its hopefully going to have a 1m Y axis, Dual 1m X carriages, and a 1.5m Z axis. I

have built the X and Y stages already using C beam v slot aluminium ball screw actuators.

I have a load of questions about:

Steppers, lead screws, and their weight carrying capabilities.
        Running multiple stepper drivers from single board's plugs ( That needs some better explanation I know ) Basically if I can make a breakout board and run 3 or 4 DRV8825 from a single chip output.
        The best way to run as many stepper channels as possible for silly amounts of multiple extruderage. ( I wonder how the Prusa multiplexer does things, Something I am not going to know till mine turns up ).

Have I come to the right place?

You might ask "Why Mr 'so called Grep' person would you want a 1.5meter cubed build area with many, many extruders", All I can say is I just have to know what a 1.5m tall technicoloured, and in places bendy wave vase looks like., that and what sort of noise said vase makes when the ABS cooling stress takes out a row of fins.

Any how... Hello good people!!!!

This might not be the best place for advice like that. Most people here are trying to figure out how to use their printers, not build them from scratch. Try CNCzone.com for information about deploying steppers and drivers. But sure, you should be able to build (or buy) a breakout board that will distribute your G-code to a series of drivers that will run your steppers. You'd need some kind of software to interpret your code into pulses for the motors, but that's available too. A machine the size you're talking about will be rather slow, due to inertia - printers go fast because they're light, but the weight of all that aluminum adds up fast.

Comment

Working...
        X