I don't even own a printer yet!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't even own a printer yet!

Hello for Portland, OR! I am going to be buying a 3D printer very soon problem is there is so much info out there it's hard to know where to start. I want one that is decent sized but isn't going o break the bank. I am pretty computer savvy and have done some basic programming with Arduino. When I say basic I mean I've just started digging into it, I programmed a voice enhancer for my Stormtrooper costume. I am also learning some 3D modeling too (fun stuff!)

I build costumes for kids wheel chairs in my spare time with Magic Wheelchair and am also a Wish Granter for Make-a-Wish Oregon. I plan to use my printer to enhance the costumes and build custom enclosures for the electronics we add to these epic costumes. Here is my last build and I am building another one of these!

Some help in getting started on the right printer for me is where I'm starting and then learning all about how to print high quality stuff is the goal.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

-Jim
    Last edited by james.p.moser; 10-20-2016, 06:51 PM.

Well, the bigger you go, the more expensive 3d printers get. Have you looked at the FolgerTech FT-5? It is reasonably priced, does a larger volume and from the reviews and prints I have seen looks decent for the price and they are planning add-on for CNC and Laser etching...

Comment

Originally posted by applekeith
      Well, the bigger you go, the more expensive 3d printers get. Have you looked at the FolgerTech FT-5? It is reasonably priced, does a larger volume and from the reviews and prints I have seen looks decent for the price and they are planning add-on for CNC and Laser etching...
      Yes that is what I am seeing with the research I have been doing. I will look into it your suggestion. I would definitely love the capability to upgrade to CNC and Laser etching as that would make it almost a one stop shop.

-Jim

Comment

Let us know what you decide. I'd be interested to hear your impressions.

Comment

I finally pulled the trigger! My new Folger-Tech FT-5 is on the way! After much research and deliberation I decided that I really liked the features and build volume that this will give me. Also the fact that there is a CNC feature (that I will purchase separately) to this machine has me excited for future applications.

Comment

Excellent news! I am sure you will absolutely love your new printer. Make sure to keep us posted.

Regards,
            www.3dexfilament.co.uk
            Will @ 3DEX Ltd / www.3dexfilament.co.uk

Comment

Register or Login

Collapse
            Working...
            X