Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presentation Alligator Board... a new RepRap Electronics

Hello everyone,

after one year of ideas, projects and work, we present our contribution to the community, the "Alligator Board".
    The project Alligator is a project born in the more complex 3DArtists that working together with the team of Delta-RepRap tip
    to advance the free community of 3D printing.
    It all started about one year ago, both on the forum and at the Maker Faire, where we realized that on the electronics
    yet there was not a complete product and designed as it should except some cards.

So we started the work and here's the Alligator !!!!!!!!!

Now we come to the point ........
    What are the features, which has until now there was no ????

1. Power 12-24Vdc
    2. 4x Stepper Motor Driver based on Texas Instrument DRV8825
    - Up to 2.5A of current, which is configurable via firmware, without trimmer
    - The selection of 1/16 or 1/32 microstep, via the micro switch
    3. End-Stop 6x inputs compatible with mechanical, optical and magnetic
    4. Hot-End Connector Heater high current
    5. Bed High Current Connector
    6. 2x with RTD circuit that improves the accuracy and the ability to easily select the types of RTD
    7. 2x outputs for fans
    8. 1x USB to Virtual COM (The classic door cards, micro USB connector)
    9. 1x Holder native USB OTG (with micro USB connector)
    10. microSD slot with the possibility to insert any type of microSD and high-speed read and write
    11. 10/100 Ethernet port
    12. Expansion connector with 2 UART or to use as GPIO
    13. Direct Connector for Raspberry
    14. 3x generic PWM outputs (ex. RGB LED)
    15. Optional expansion board to expand with other three extruders

So far we say it is a board a little expensive than the other. The real power lies in the microcontroller, which is the "ATSAM3X8EA-AU" a Cortex M3 32-bit,
    that allows you to support Ethernet (where we want to be able to manage the printer, as well as upload gcode from web)
    also the core 32 bits from the possibility of making the change of coordinates (for printers delta) without any type of problem, or to print
    pieces of a high complexity without the printer goes in spurts, which affects the print quality.
    Witch the same micro of Arduino Due, you have the option to program it as the other board.... with the Arduino IDE.
    For now it is only supported Repetier firmware, but soon we will bring even Marlin.

The status of jobs .....
    At the end of the week we open the crowdfunding

What do you think ????

We will keep you informed and for the curious link 3DArtists Facebook 3DArtists

Presentation Video

Goodbye everyone
    Team 3Dartists
    Francesco Gargiulo
    Riccardo Capponi
    Marco Antonini
    Michele Scorsipa

Hi to all,

crowdfunding is open... support us Alligator .

King Regards
    3DArtists Team

Comment

Wow! That looks very cool. I'm definitely interested. I do have one question though. Could you explain the importance of the thermocoupler expansions?

I feel like I would love to get one of these with the piggy expansion so I can upgrade to multiple extruders in style, but considering the price point, I think I'll have to hold off.

I'd imagine if you found enough interest, working with a company like the one that makes the kraken could really increase the desire for the full piggy expansion. 4 extruders? Sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by ARKtest View Post
        Wow! That looks very cool. I'm definitely interested. I do have one question though. Could you explain the importance of the thermocoupler expansions?

I feel like I would love to get one of these with the piggy expansion so I can upgrade to multiple extruders in style, but considering the price point, I think I'll have to hold off.

I'd imagine if you found enough interest, working with a company like the one that makes the kraken could really increase the desire for the full piggy expansion. 4 extruders? Sign me up.
        Hello,
        thank you !!!! Yes you can drive up to 4 extruder !!!!
        With thermocouples have a much more accurate temperature measurement, the normal NTC temperature sensor around the normal working of 3d printers have a behavior very less than ideal and for reprap are acceptable, but for those who want to have more printing quality the thermocouples are top. With the thermocouple the temperature is measured in a more precise and stable, so when you print on all layers at the same temperature and final results are better.

King Redards
        3DArtists Team

Comment

Hi,

new video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndkxny32mOc

King Regards
          3DArtists Team

Comment

Hello everyone,

thanks to companies who support us, we were able to lower the price of production of Alligator still
            keeping production in Italy.
            And we decided to passing those savings on to you, so the price of the campaign will be 120 Euros!!!
            After the campaign the price could be slightly higher, aligned with similar board.
            We wish to specify that those who have already donated to have an Alligator will be contacted for offer a refund of the difference.

Kind Regards
            3DArtists Team

Comment

Working...
            X