What do you think of 3D printed food?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think of 3D printed food?

It seems that 3D printed food is the future of the food trend. Also, there are restaurants that use 3D printing to the food and make it a selling point. I agree that technology is in the developing, and for the better. I haven’t seen the actual working process for the printed food, and I have some questions about it.
    1. Is the operation the same with traditional printing? The internal food structure is more complicated than plastic or metal.
    2. The range of food includes desserts, pizza, pancakes. Is it taste the same with the former?
    3. The cost. A 3D food printer is still expensive. Most of the foods need the secondary manual process. Is the price be competitive?

As the one who focuses on the industry for 3D printing and rapid prototyping for years, I always think about materials of plastic and metal when talking about printing. What do you think that 3D printing technology will replace traditional cooking methods in the future?

2fprototypes

I think 3D printed food could eventually lead to something. For now it is more of a experiment and trend that something practical but who knows where the technology could go in say 20 years. The cost may eventually go down, the possibility of producing more capable printers and devices is there. I personally hope this turns out something really good.

Comment

Yes, and I believe there are more and more people will have access to make something with 3D printer, for food or other things we can't imagine

Thanks
      2fprototypes

Comment

Working...
      X