Bubble Wands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubble Wands

Here's a pair of bubble wands I made for my son. I tried them out yesterday with mixed results. The small side worked better than the big one. However, I need to try and use them again with a new batch of bubble solution. I was using some left over solution from last year and it wasn't even working well with the store bought wands that made bubbles OK before. I'd love to get some feedback on how they work for other people. Enjoy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bubble wands 0426161409.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	23263
    Attached Files

The trick to bubble solution...Glycerin (My wife teaches 4 year olds so I have tons of stuff like this I researched for her.)

HOMEMADE GIANT BUBBLE RECIPE:

Ingredients for homemade giant bubbles

6 cups water (distilled is best but tap water is fine)
    1/2 cup blue Dawn dish detergent
    *I used the ultra concentrated, but NON ultra (original) is supposed to work even better.
    1/2 cup corn starch (corn flour in the UK)
    1 tbsp baking powder (not baking soda)
    1 tbsp Glycerin

TO MAKE YOUR BUBBLE MIXTURE:

Dissolve the cornstarch in the water, stirring really well. Then gently stir in the remaining ingredients. Avoid creating a lot of froth. Allow your mixture to sit for at least an hour, stirring occasionally if you see the cornstarch settling to the bottom. Some of ours continued to settle even while we played with it, but it was fine.

Comment

Thanks! I think my wife used a very similar recipe, minus the glycerin (not sure where to obtain it).

Also, here's a five point array of the small side of the bubble wands above.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0502161258.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	21802
      Attached Files

Comment

Register or Login

Collapse
      Working...
      X