prusa i3 really that good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prusa i3 really that good?

Hi! i am looking to buy my first 3d printer. I have my eyes on the DIY kit original prusa i3, the price is very attractive and alot of youtubers (3d printing nerd, i like to make stuff enz) say its as good as the ultimaker 2..
    is that true?
    thanx!

It's getting really high marks all around and is very full featured with excellent components. It's probably one of the best for a beginner with all the bed leveling functions and self squaring and what have you. If I hadn't just spent my budget for this year on another one just before the new original prusa came out, it would already be in my stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiskauto
      It's getting really high marks all around and is very full featured with excellent components. It's probably one of the best for a beginner with all the bed leveling functions and self squaring and what have you. If I hadn't just spent my budget for this year on another one just before the new original prusa came out, it would already be in my stable.
      so for a beginner (me) its not complicated to set up or anything?

Comment

Well I do make the assumption since you are looking at the diy model you feel confident in your aptitude for assembling a kit. It is certainly more newbie friendly than a lot of other kits out there and has a large support community along with the support of the company itself. If you haven't assembled any types of kits before it may be a challenge and am sure you will be leaning on all forms of support to get you through the build and setup. If you aren't real confident and just want to get started 3d printing, it is possible you would be better buying a ready to print unit as 3d printing itself has a high learning curve also. If you do go with the kit, it is much more rewarding and you will learn the inner workings of your printer to allow you to troubleshoot as necessary in the future. Just remember, take your time, go slow, ask questions, research and absorb everything and know you have a whole world of support out there for you. And by the way did I mention take your time and go slow especially during the build.

Comment

The original Prusa i3 Mk2 is going to be my next printer... It consistently gets great reviews even from the Make Magazine printer shoot out...

Comment

Da Vinci Jr 1.0 not bad too for beginner, or am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Waynee View Post
              Da Vinci Jr 1.0 not bad too for beginner, or am I wrong?
              Ive not heard many good things about them to be honest but that's just what ive heard. Could be wrong.

I have a Prusa I3 by BQ. BQ actually designed their own extruder/hotend and the print quality is amazing when you get it right.

The best thing about the Prusa to most other models is that there is no end to how you can customise them.

I would most likely buy another. Heard lots of good things though about the new improved Wanhao duplicator

Comment

thanks for your opinion, I'm going to buy new printer in the near future, really thinking about Prusa now

Comment

Hi i m waiting Prussa mk2 with the color upgrade .I also upgrading my geetech acrylic to a mega prussa i3. For that size best easy to maintain and trouble shout are the prussa printers . For bigger printing volumes from 400x400 is better have a moving bed vertical. There is no reason in my opinion in small printers to go with other set up than prussa...but that is my opinion have fun whatever your choice will be

Comment

Working...
                  X