Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poor prints (inconsistent layers and awful infill)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor prints (inconsistent layers and awful infill)

Any print I make that have any amount of infill gets inconsistent extrusion or so it seems. Hollow models that are just a shell and 100% solid layers are no problem, but this limits me greatly in what I can make.
    I am using a Sunhokey Prusa i3 with a Bowden extruder and a 0.6 mm nozzle, I have tried with a 0.2, 0.4 and 0.8 mm nozzle and that doesn't change anything, only that with the 0.2 and 0.4 there is a lot of skipping steps on the extruder but this does not happen with the 0.6 or 0.8mm nozzle. I run the print at 50mm/s and I have tried lowering the infill speed to 20mm/s, but with no success. Any ideas what I have to change because right now it is just taking up space really.

It looks like it under extruding, if your extruder is skipping that would cause this, what temp is the hotend printing at, what material are you using, is the extruder adjustable for tension,
    Firstly i would maybe try raising the temp of my hotend by 5-10 degrees, slow the print speed down, and check the extruder is clean and the hobbed bolt is clean,

Comment

I have just replaced the entire printhead so there is no issue there. I am printing 3DE PLA at 200 degrees, have tried printing with it at anywhere from 190-215 degrees so I am certain I have the right temp. I have adjusted the extruder steps so it extrudes and retracts the right amount precisely 100mm if that is what I want it to, so the steps shouldn't be the issue. It is no longer skipping steps because I have the bigger nozzle now. I am also quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the extrusion since I have printed a couple of models that are hollow and they are great quality because of its first when there is infill the problem arises. The extruder spring tension can be adjusted, but I have adjusted it until it grips but doesn't grind the filament, so that should also be fine.

Images of a hollow print: http://imgur.com/a/4kOG0

Comment

Thats quite a strange on, is it like this on other brands of filament ?

Comment

The only other brand I have is the spool I got with the printer and that's some unknown Chinese brand, and that prints worse. This is why I am completely lost as of why it isn't printing at least decently

Comment

What slicer are you using? Did you 'repair' the model to make sure it doesn't have errors?
            Is your filament stretchy? Flexible filament will feed inconsistently with a bowden extruder

Comment

He said he was using pla, the only thing i can think of is the extrustion rate in slicer is dropped for infil

Comment

Sounds like a slicer setting. It is common in many slicers to set the infill speeds faster than other speeds to reduce print times. Yours might be set too fast where the material feed can't keep up during infill. Check this and if it is the case try slowing your infill speed to match your perimiter speed.

Comment

Looking at your first pic, it looks like more is going on there. All the plastic looks overheated. You might want to lower your temp, many PLAs print at 180-195. Make sure your cooling fan is on as well. And slow your infill speed per above.

Comment

Working...
                  X