Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Scanner Application Graveyard & a call for ideas.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Scanner Application Graveyard & a call for ideas.

It seems to have been a rough few years for scanner software developers. I've been searching for as many scanning software softwares as I could find. It's amazing how many promising prospects have come and gone in the past few years. I hope those early efforts don't discourage new innovators from coming up with new scanning strategies.

Some of the problems certainly have had to do with the marginal quality of the early and existing scanner hardware. Then, too, photogrammetry software has gotten better. But, perhaps the biggest hindrance is the lack of vision for a wide variety of educational scanner applications other than scanning heads.

It would be great to hear ideas for the application of scanning in a k-12 school setting to support classes in subjects other than STEAM topics. I teach at-risk young people and we've chosen to begin with trying to find ways to enhance History instruction. But, I am certain others have some different interests that could provide some valuable input into to the topic of expanding ways we can use a 3D scanner like the Sense, RealSense and xyz scanner in the classroom.

Artec 3d provides education package for schools, universities and colleges. Their scanners are really high quality, so take a look, maybe it's a good option for you.

Comment

Collapse

To post a reply to this thread you must be a member. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Please join our community today!
    Working...
    X