Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Massive jam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Massive jam

    Aaarrgghhhhhhh!!!
    Broke the fan, ordered new hotend, and really thought i had the adhesion thing figured out.
    Attached Files

    #2
    That is a big mess.Good luck with the cleanup.
    Check your bed level.
    Look at your print bed, make sure it is very clean, use isopropyl alcohol ( 91% or higher), scrub the bed plate with a cotton pad, then let it dry and don't touch it again if you can help it.
    If you're using a bare glass bed you might need to put on some glue stick.
    Make sure the print bed temps are like 60C for PLA and 70C for PETG filament. If you're using PETG make sure that the temp stays the same because any drop in bed temp can cause the part to break free.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by DaveTech204
      That is a big mess.Good luck with the cleanup.
      Check your bed level.
      Look at your print bed, make sure it is very clean, use isopropyl alcohol ( 91% or higher), scrub the bed plate with a cotton pad, then let it dry and don't touch it again if you can help it.
      If you're using a bare glass bed you might need to put on some glue stick.
      Make sure the print bed temps are like 60C for PLA and 70C for PETG filament. If you're using PETG make sure that the temp stays the same because any drop in bed temp can cause the part to break free.
      Been using a combo of aquanet, and glue sticks. Just releveled the bed last night. I have had zero adhesion problems with pla until this. Had the cr10 since middle of may, and have been running it almost 24/7 . I started this print just before going to work this morning, and migjt have forgotten to hit it with the glue stick. 4 am too early to think straight. Lol. Was supposed to be a 2 hr print. Got mostly cleaned up, but new fan will be here saturday, and i have a complete hot end coming tomorow. Ill have a spare after that. Need to setup my pi for remote monitor and kill switch. Just been procrastinating on that.

      Comment


        #4
        Once you get that cleaned up maybe look at the Creality Glass Bed or the Wham Bam Flex bed System.
        Also look at your nozzle, I've had one wear down unevenly and it caused me alot of problems trying to print with PETG.
        I've had a lot of good luck using the Creality Glass bed with PLA, Nylon, TPU and PETG filaments, combined with silicone thermal pad sheets between the heat bed and glass made for a very even temp across the bed surface.
        But the added weight makes you slow all the print speeds down, so I'm going to try the Wham Bam magnetic flex bed.

        Comment


          #5
          I keep forgetting to say this. It looks like your Hot End has the Kapton Tape wrapped around it.
          Remove it and get one of those silicone boots for your Hot End block. It will keep the filament from sticking to the block in a big blob and make it easier to remove any that collects the next time

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by DaveTech204
            I keep forgetting to say this. It looks like your Hot End has the Kapton Tape wrapped around it.
            Remove it and get one of those silicone boots for your Hot End block. It will keep the filament from sticking to the block in a big blob and make it easier to remove any that collects the next time
            Got new hotend, silicon boot, etc. Following th3d info to flash marlin, and i have a brick now. Error after error. U8glib was missing, fixed that, now it says the file is missing parts, been at this all effin day. Just uninstalled everything on puter, and starting over after a much needed break. No clue how to fix tge u8glib.h file. Bout ready to order new board. NOT having fun. Ill try to post some error files soon, if i cant get it.

            Comment


              #7
              ok, Uninstalled and deleted everything, then downloaded new copies, and finally got it up and running, Now I try to print and all the dammmm thing wants to do is change the filament. I am using a mostly stock marlin from TH3d. all i added was a filament sensor, and auto recover, and changed the name. What setting do i have to change/fix to get it to actually print? Should I set it all back to stock? #in3dprinterhell

              Comment


                #8
                I would go back to the original Creality Firmware (I think last version is 1.1.6) or the vanilla Marlin, which is what I use now (1.1.9 Bugfix). I've tried the TH3d firmware, but it I didn't like the changes it makes. I hear good things about it, but it didn't work well for me. Your results may be different.
                You don't really want to make too many changes at the same time when you're trying to fix something, it usually just causes more problems on top of the original issue.

                Once you get everything working correctly then you can add back in the filament sensor mod and see if it still works.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Printing now, disabled filament sensor. Last night i couldnt get marlin to load either. i think arduino ide was corrupted somehow. will be experimenting through the week and keep you posted. Love the bed levelling setup, and resume works good. The little blue light is on in the filament sensor,but it is disabled in the firmware.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by sarwiz
                    Printing now, disabled filament sensor. Last night i couldnt get marlin to load either. i think arduino ide was corrupted somehow. will be experimenting through the week and keep you posted. Love the bed levelling setup, and resume works good. The little blue light is on in the filament sensor,but it is disabled in the firmware.
                    Its been printing great, except a lot of pauses between sections. Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct that. Im using Cura 4.1. I havent messed with the filament sensor, but did order ezabl today. Cant wait to get that going.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Are you printing directly from Cura 4.1, OctoPrint or from the SD card?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Sd , cura4.1 as slicer

                        Comment


                          #13
                          The pausing was caused by a bad sd card, problem solved

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Latest update, fried the board 2 days ago. Going to upgrade to th3ds dual extruder setup. I bumped out the usb wire while it was warming up, and stupidly plugged it back in...= blank screen. Many hours of testing later, board doa. But, the ezabl worked great.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Back up with a cr10s dual board, still only 1 extruder, but EZABL is AWESOME! Resume in marlin does not work properly, crashed into the print trying to home z.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X